Here you will be able to find real life stories developed by asylum seekers.
This e-Library of real life stories foresees the usage of the Storytelling methodology through interactive games and writing exercises, to learn how to communicate one’s unique personal story and help affect change in the community. Asylum seekers themselves will be trained on how to use storytelling to give voice to their story and will be involved in the school piloting.
Online Practitioners’ Toolkit
The Online Practitioners’ Toolkit will contain the following paths:
- Storytelling to empower and impact: to introduce the communication efficacy of stories, the storytelling methodology and storytelling for self-empowerment and impact on society as a powerful counter-narrative.
- Storytelling with Asylum Seekers and Refugees: a cultural mediation approach to create the perfect setting to carry out effective storytelling sessions with the targets, identifying the risks and opportunities of public storytelling and the how to prevent and mitigate such risks.
- How to create the perfect story: through a step-by-step approach, the trainer will be able to guide the participants to create their own story to impact, using communication technique and strategies, and to develop new communication competences.
- How to perfectly tell your story: the characteristics of the perfect storyteller (tone of voice, non-verbal communication etc.) to engage with the audience and create an impact on the overall society.
- How to increase the outreach of the stories: to maximize the impact of the stories, embedding them in their campaigning, communication and education strategies.